Installing ePublisher Components
This section provides instructions for installing ePublisher components, including ePublisher Express, ePublisher Designer, and ePublisher AutoMap.
Note: You must install ePublisher Express first. Then, you can install ePublisher Designer and ePublisher AutoMap. Both ePublisher Designer and ePublisher AutoMap require ePublisher Express.
If you are upgrading from a previous version of ePublisher
, review the upgrade instructions. For more information, see “Upgrading from Previous Versions”
To install ePublisher components
1. Log on as a user using a user account that is a member of the Administrators group on the local computer.
2. Close all instances of Microsoft Office applications running on the local computer, including instances of Microsoft Word and Microsoft Outlook. Close all instances of Adobe FrameMaker running on the computer.
3. Run the setup.exe file in the installation package for the ePublisher component you want to install.
4. Review the welcome message, and then click Next.
5. Review the license agreement. If you agree to the terms of the agreement, click I Agree, and then click Next.
6. Select the application shortcuts you want to create, and then click Next.
7. If you are installing ePublisher Express, specify whether you want to allow ePublisher Express users to modify target settings, condition settings, variable values, and cross-reference definitions, and then click Next.
If you select this check box
, ePublisher Express users can modify target settings, condition settings, variable values, and cross-reference definitions used to generate output. This option gives users more control over their ePublisher output, but users can produce output that differs from the standards defined in Stationery.
If you do not select this check box
, ePublisher Express users cannot modify target settings, condition settings, variable values, and cross-reference definitions. Projects use the target settings, condition settings, variable values, and cross-reference definitions defined in the Stationery.
You can enable permissions to modify target settings, conditions settings, variable values, and cross-definitions later if needed. For more information, see “Enabling Target Setting Permissions After Installing ePublisher Express”
8. Specify the location of the installation directory, and then click Next. The default installation directory is C:\Program Files\WebWorks.
9. Click Next to confirm your selections and to begin installing the ePublisher component.
10. In the WebWorks Licensing Info window, complete the following steps:
Enter your Contract ID. If you previously installed ePublisher on the computer using a valid Contract ID, ePublisher will automatically detect the Contract ID and display your Contract ID information. For more information about contract IDs and obtaining a Contract ID, see “Working with Contract IDs” “Obtaining Contract IDs”
b. Enter your email address. If you have an email address that you use as your WebWorks support login, enter that email address.
c. Enter the name of your computer.
d. Click Confirm.
11. If the installer displays the HTML Help Workshop 1.3 Setup window, you can install Microsoft HTML Help Workshop 1.3 as part of your ePublisher installation. Install Microsoft HTML Help Workshop if you plan to generate Microsoft HTML Help output.
If you want to install Microsoft HTML Help Workshop 1.3
, click Yes
, and then follow the instructions to install Microsoft HTML Help Workshop.
If you do not want to install Microsoft HTML Help Workshop 1.3
, click No
12. Click Close when the installation completes. ePublisher also opens a new browser window and displays a page on the www.webworks.com web site when the installation completes.
13. Restart your computer to update and register all configuration files.
14. If you installed ePublisher on Windows Vista and you plan to use ePublisher with Adobe FrameMaker, due to an issue with the FrameMaker Developers Kit (FDK), after you install ePublisher you must run ePublisher Express as an Administrator at least once.
When you run ePublisher Express as an Administrator, you must open or scan an Adobe FrameMaker source document within ePublisher to register the FDK with Windows Vista as a trusted application.
Run as an Administrator and register the FDK by completing the following steps:
a. If you specified that you wanted ePublisher to create a desktop shortcut when you installed ePublisher, on your desktop, right-click the ePublisher shortcut.
b. If you did not specify that you wanted ePublisher to create a desktop shortcut when you installed ePublisher, browse to the following location, and then right-click the appropriate .exe file
Program Files\WebWorks\ePublisher\2012.4\ePublisher Express\WebWorks.ePublisherExpress.exe Program Files\WebWorks\ePublisher\2012.4\ePublisher Designer\WebWorks.ePublisherDesigner.exe
c. Click Run as administrator.
d. Click Allow to confirm that you trust the application. The ePublisher component you selected opens.
e. Open an existing project that contains an Adobe FrameMaker source document or create a new project that contains an Adobe FrameMaker source document.
f. In Document Manager, select an Adobe FrameMaker source document.
g. On the Project menu, click Scan Selected to register the FDK with Windows Vista.